Richmond Wedding Vendor Spotlight: Dover Hall
This week’s Vendor Spotlight features the gorgeous Dover Hall Estate. Located in Manakin Sabot, Virginia, Dover Hall in one of Central Virginia’s newest and most exciting Wedding and Special Event Venues. We hope you enjoy this Q&A with Dover Hall Estate.
1. What makes Dover Hall a unique venue for a Wedding? We believe the variety of venue spaces on the property makes us stand out. From our Grand Ballroom to an Outdoor Terrace to the Tented Conservatory, we have the perfect spot to bring your vision to life. These diverse options also allow us to have the best “Plan B” in the business. Can’t have your ceremony in the gardens? No problem, let us move you into our stunning Ballroom instead! Where else can you find that? We also feel that our guest experience is unparalleled since there is no venue quite like Dover Hall.
2. You touched on this in Question 1, but can you tell us a little more about the different venues within Dover Hall that are available for a wedding? We have 5+ ceremony sites on our grounds and our gorgeous Ballroom with its dramatic entrance. We can accommodate large groups in The Conservatory, our new 5,400 square foot space featuring glass, walls, a raised, carpeted floor, full A/C and heating, ceiling liner and marquees to the Ballroom. And my personal favorite is our Bluestone Terrace where we can have everything from ceremonies to rehearsal dinners al fresco and corporate cocktail parties.
3. How many people can Dover Hall accommodate? We can accommodate groups of all sizes, it just depends on the needs of the group! Dover Hall is also available for smaller events like Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners and Engagement Parties.
4. Can my wedding party stay at Dover Hall for the weekend? Yes! We have 9 overnight rooms that guests are welcome to rent for the evening! Please inquire for more details.
5. What has been the most unique detail you have had a bride do for their wedding? There was a display on our foyer tables in the spring that featured the most fabulous custom sign that had the couple’s initials and it took up the whole 8 foot table! It was hand carved and surrounded by gorgeous floral and votives and made such an amazing statement as guests entered the Estate. Each of our weddings have been so different so we have a great time taking a bride’s idea and turning it into reality.
Dover Hall Estate also hosts many great events like Al Fresco and Fireside Wine Dinners and they have two Visit with Santa Dates coming up in December. So check their calendar of events for more information.